Insights from our design expert, Nora Reyna
Buying a new home in Bryan-College Station is like unveiling a blank canvas on which you can paint your family’s story. And while that’s an exciting thought, it can feel overwhelming for many homebuyers. You want to make sure it’s just right, and that it accurately reflects your style and taste.
At the same time, with all the decorating and home renovation shows on television, we’re bombarded by the latest trends in home decorating, the “color of the year” and “before” photos that can almost be painful to see.
So how do you strike a balance between trendy and timeless? RNL Homes’ highly trained design expert, Nora Reyna, is here to help! Nora is passionate about making sure every client absolutely loves their new Bryan-College Station home.
Here are her thoughts on creating the home of your dreams:
- If you’re not exactly sure what you want, don’t worry! It’s not uncommon. Our model home is full of the latest products and design ideas, so you can see them in use. And we really listen to our clients to truly understand both your needs and preferences for your new home.
- If you’re worried that your new home will look outdated in just a few years, don’t be. Nora and RNL Homes are known for clean lines and transitional touches that will stand the test of time.
- If you can, look through design ideas on Pinterest, or in decorating magazines, and bring those you especially like to your design consultation.
- Remember, it’s your home! We’ll do whatever you want when it comes to decorating the interior, working to balance your budget with your preferred style.
What we’re seeing now
If you look at photos of our homes on the website, you’ll immediately notice a difference. Our homes don’t look like most of the others. We prefer to use fresh colors to create a clean backdrop for your Bryan-College Station new home. Then we fill in the details using the latest design trends. Should you stay in your new home for many years, these types of touches are easier and less expensive to update and change out should you decide to.
Some of the trends that are popular now include:
- The modern farmhouse look. No doubt influenced by the “Fixer Upper” television program, this is a more classic style that works well with our approach to design. Examples of modern farmhouse décor include use of shiplap, exposed beams, unique tile, and sliding “barn doors.”
- Brass fixtures. A huge trend right now is the contrast of shiny brass fixtures contrasted with matte black finishes. This multi-textural look adds interest to any room.
- Subway tile. Yes, it’s been around for a while, but now we’re seeing it in colors other than white. Black and gray are also popular, and using dark grout with white subway tile is another choice that is definitely timeless!
- Large, statement pendant lights. These are an easy way to give your kitchen a beautiful focal point.
“If I could, I’d have several homes – each in a different style,” says Nora. “I like many different design styles, so that makes it easy for me to help our clients regardless of what their preferences may be.” That being said, Nora recommends starting with light, neutral colors and clean lines. “Keep it simple,” she says. “That’s our style.”
No matter what you choose for the interior design of your new home in Bryan-College Station, Nora makes this promise: “We will use the best materials and finishes at the very best prices.”
Ready to start the process of building your new home in Bryan-College Station? Give us a call! We’d love to help.