Does it feel like Bryan-College Station is getting bigger? It is! More and more people are choosing to live and work in the area. Here are a few interesting facts to consider as you plan to build your new home in Bryan-College Station.
- In 2010, Bryan-College Station’s population was 170,058 – up 26% from 2000’s population of 135,407.
- Jim Gaines, chief economist for The Real Estate Center at Texas A&M, reports that average home prices increased 7 percent in 2017.
- In the first 8 months of 2018, the City of Bryan received 365 permits for new single-family homes. That’s an increase of 65 when compared to the same time period in 2017.
- Having Texas A&M University located in BCS lends a stability to the area that many other parts of Texas don’t have, helping real estate prices avoid the “boom and bust” phenomenon.
- The number of former A&M students living in Brazos county has more than doubled since 2008.
- In 2008, 17,762 former students indicated they lived in Brazos County. That number grew to 37,831 in the last ten years.
- In 2018, the average home price in BCS was $230, 974 – up from $217, 900 in 2017.
So, what does all this mean for you? It means choosing to build a new Bryan-College Station home is a great investment, as the area’s population grows at a steady rate. And it means getting an early start on your new BCS home is a smart decision, as home prices are expected to continue on an upward trend.
Ready to get started? Have questions? Just give us a call – we’re happy to help!