When you purchase a new home in Bryan/College Station from RNL Homes, we’ll help you beat the heat and keep your energy costs down.
These are just a few of the energy saving products and best practices we put in place in the construction of every home we build.
- Radiant Barrier LP Tech Shield Roof Decking. The #1 brand of radiant barrier sheathing, LP Tech Shield reduces your monthly cooling costs by blocking up to 97% of the radiant heat in the panels. This lowers the air temperature in the attic of your new Bryant/College Station home up to 30 degrees.
- Energy Efficient Windows. Low-E glazing blocks radiant heat from the sun and UV rays. The windows we use are designed to reject the heat of the sun without affecting your view. Not only do they keep out the heat in the summer, they keep warm air in during the winter too.
- Sill Seal. We install this underneath the bottom plat of the frame in the exterior walls of your home and this reduces the air infiltration keeping the cool air inside and the hot air outside of your home.
- Programmable Thermostat. Your new home from RNL includes a programmable thermostat that allows you to control both the temperature and the humidity.
- 16 SEER AC Unit. This high-performance AC unit is designed to help lower electricity bills. A properly sized unit that exceeds energy standards and ensures maximum energy savings.
- R38 Blown-in Attic Insulation. We install this around the beams and above the ceiling drywall resulting in a more tightly sealed home. This helps maintain control over indoor air temperatures and improves AC performance.
- R13 Batts Exterior Wall Insulation. This is installed between the exterior structural OSB and the drywall around the walls of the house and similarly as the attic insulation, it helps maintain control over indoor air temperatures while improving AC performance.
- Energy Seal. All penetrations in the walls between the exterior and interior of the house, such as plumbing, AC, electrical, are sealed to ensure air leakage is reduced to a minimum. This helps significantly when you’re trying to keep your home cool.
- AC Duct Tests. Using the best AC equipment in the market only solves half of the problem – having tightly sealed duct-work is just as important. We make sure the installation is done properly by performing AC duct tests, this ensures that the cool air is going from the AC unit to the inside of your home and keep it from leaking into the attic.
- Blower Door Test. While installing all the materials and components described above is fine and dandy, it is important to be able to measure how they all perform together. By doing blower door tests in each home, we can confirm the air leakage from the inside to the outside of the home is significantly less than a typical home and make sure the home is performing as designed.
In other words, it’s like getting an A+ on your home after the semester is over! This is shown by the HERS® rating, which is provided by a certified 3rd party. Click here to watch a cool video on HOW THIS REDUCES YOUR MONTHLY BILLS.
When you choose RNL to build your new home, you get the assurance of knowing that we’re continuously looking for ways to make our homes even better – and that includes staying current on the latest products to maximize energy efficiency.
Our family lives in Bryan/College Station, too. We understand the demands our climate puts on homes, and we work tirelessly to make sure your new home will be beautiful, comfortable, and efficient. When you’re ready to build a new Bryan/College Station home, call us!