Many of our clients need to sell their current home before moving into a new home in Bryan / College Station. A little planning, a little (or a lot!) of elbow grease, and attention to a few key details can help you sell your home in record time, and get the price you want.
These are our top recommendations for staging your home to sell. The sooner it sells, the sooner you’ll be moved into your new RNL home!
1) Look at your home – inside and out – as if you’re seeing it for the first time. You know it’s true – you’ve lived with that smudge on the wall, or the faded doormat, so long you don’t even see it anymore. Potential buyers notice every little detail. Try to put yourself in their shoes, then do a walk-through of your home and make a list of fixes that need to be done.
2) You never get a second chance . . . There’s a reason you hear so much about “curb appeal.” No matter how beautiful the online photos of your home may be, when a buyer drives up, they’ll form an opinion about your home almost instantly based on what they see. Consider power washing your siding, front door and sidewalks. Baskets of blooming flowers and plants give a vibrant, welcoming look to your home. Is your lawn brown or patchy? Does it need to be mowed? Taking care of these things will help make a great first impression.
3) Clean and de-clutter with a vengeance. Make it easy for people who visit your home to imagine themselves living there. This is the perfect time to decide what you really want to bring with you to your new home in College Station, and what you want to throw away, give away, or donate. And it’s well worth the money to hire a cleaning service that specializes in make-readies. They’ll know what to focus on, and you’ll have more time to plan for your move to BCS.
4) Stay neutral. Okay, we know you love that pink wall. But if the interior of your home is painted a neutral color, it will appeal to a broader range of potential buyers. Rather than stark white, which can feel cold, choose a mid-tone like mocha or “greige” to give your home a feeling of warmth and sophistication.
5) Organize and clean your closets. No doubt one of the things you love about your new RNL home is the ample closet space. Visitors are going to be inspecting your closets, too. To make the job easier, you might put off-season clothes in storage until you move. The most important thing is to convey a spacious, organized feeling to potential buyers.
- If the idea of staging your home to sell feels overwhelming, there are plenty of resources that can help. It’s become common to hire a professional home stagger to help make your home as appealing as possible. A landscaping service can take care of problems with your lawn and shrubbery in no time. And you can also hire someone to pressure wash your home’s exterior. All of these are worthwhile investments as you prepare to move into a new Bryan / College Station home.